Saturday, August 21, 2010

~~ 2nd Saturday ~~

Workout: Running club

This morning we did negative splits, which means your lap/run time gets progressively faster. Not a lot faster, but the opposite of how you normally run. Normally you start strong and fast and taper off, so today we tried to do the opposite. We ran 4 laps, 1/2 mile each and I was pleased with my times.

1st lap 6:05
2nd lap 5:15
3rd lap 5:20
4th lap 4:52
A total of 2 miles in 21:32. Not too bad for a couple of reasons.

1) I accomplished the goal-each lap got faster (except 3)
2) I've never run more than a mile at once. So YAY-2 miles!


*Just a weird bit of info that I wanted to remember-I have the worst bruises on both my arms, I tried to take pictures, but they didn't turn out so well. I have no idea how I got them-intense arm workouts the last few days maybe? Don't know.


I had two special treats this afternoon.
My mom called and offered to keep the boys if I wanted to go get a pedicure and of course, I just could not pass that up! I need to take a picture of my pretty pink toes. It was a heavenly treat! Thanks MOM!


Then I got to spend a couple of hours hanging out with this pretty lady! It was nice to relax, have a drink, snack on some chips and queso and just talk and talk and talk. Wonderful way to end my day! Thanks LIZ, I really needed that!

No comments: