Wednesday, September 9, 2020

~~ It's in the Mail ~~

I ~LOVE~ to get mail.  Who doesn't, right?  A friend of mine told me a couple of years ago that her New Year's Resolution was to mail more letters to family and friends.  Well, I just stole that idea and ran with it.  Last year I did pretty good and well, this year with quarantine - it's my best year EVER!

Seriously, I always loved to write letters and receive letters and I wanted to be that aunt that sent cards for every holiday.  I remember my aunt and grandma used to do that for me when I was younger.  There is a feeling of excitement and love when you get special mail.  I want to be the person that sends a card for every birthday and a thank you notes and random notes of encouragement or just because letters.  I usually fall short.  I start strong and then, life gets busy and the letters stop.  (kinda like this blog - hmmm)

Well, today I wrote a thank you note - it was from a month ago, but ya know it's never too late!  I sent a random card to someone special and another letter to a special friend that sent me a letter last week. I hope the 3 people that get my letters feel the same way I did when I checked the mail this past Saturday and opened the letter my sweet friend sent.

Now, maybe I can make this a habit too!  Something to think about and work on.

No comments: