Tuesday, September 8, 2020

~~ Bye, Bye Sweet Little Bird ~~

Last Friday as I was leaving work I saw the most beautiful bird.  It was a yellow finch, but he was vibrant, bright yellow.  I'm pretty sure I've never seen a finch like him before.  I tried so hard to get a picture of him and he just fluttered around so quickly.  I gave up, figuring he'd never sit still long enough for me to get a picture.  And, it was Friday!  

Sad news though.  Today I was out for my morning break walking laps around one of the buildings when I saw it there on the sidewalk.  When I saw the bright yellow I knew it was that sweet little bird.  I was so sad.  He must have hit the window and because he was so small just didn't make it.  RIP sweet little bird. 

Side note: On Friday when I was walking to my car there was a homeless man that was being rather loud, not aggressive, but creepy.  I was a good block or more behind him and it occurred to me that maybe God put that little yellow finch right outside my office for a reason that afternoon.

No comments: