Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Red Balloon

Tonight my mother and I went to see The RED Balloon. It was wonderful. If you are not familiar with the story, let me tell you it has no dialogue, none. The actors and the live musicians bring the story to life and no words are needed. The set was great, the actors were great, the music was great. It was so cleaver and creative. Go see it! I promise you won't be disappointed.

The director just happens to be my drama professor. That's right, I said drama professor. Don't even get me started. I am so NOT interested in pursuing an acting career. It is required for my degree. Therefore, I am taking it this summer to get it over with. I am not crazy about it, but it is a small class and the professor is cool. It is hard work and most stressful memorizing lines.

I have made it through a duet, my partner and I did a scene from The Glass Menagerie, and a 3 minute monologue from a play called 'Night, Mother. I have my final next week-2 contrasting monologues. I will be so very, very glad when this class is over.

One good thing about my drama class is that my professor required us to go see 3 plays during our 9 week class. I can not even remember the last time I went to a play, it has been so long. This requirement has helped me realize that there are many community theaters in our area performing a variety of different plays. I need to get out and enjoy some of them. I'm thinking at least every 3 to 6 months or so.

No comments: