Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Gone. Forever.


This is the old $1.00 (okay, $1.50) movie theater. I spent many, many afternoons and nights, during my teenage years, out with friends at this movie theater. It has probably been closed down now for, I don't know, 10 years or so. I was sad when it closed down, but it was still there. I mean, there was at least a possiblity that maybe someday it would open up again, right? I have driven past it for years and been reminded of some great times there. I didn't even really realize just how much that empty old building meant to me, until the unthinkable happened.


That's right, they are tearing it down. I guess they should really. It has been 10 years already. It is just so final and it is gone, Forever.



1 comment:

mbc said...

Oh my. I had no idea. I remember being there with you and Jana Kay over and over again. Glad you snapped a shot before it was bulldozed!

I wonder what will take its place?