Thursday, May 21, 2009

Backsplash....Completed

I was suppose to start AND finish this over Christmas break.
That did not happen.
I started school in January and planned to tackle the job over Spring Break.
That did not happen.


Two months later, it is finished! It was the first time I have ever done a tiling project. There were definitely some challenges, but it is finished and I love how my vision has been brought to life. It's exactly as I had imagined. The idea came to me because of my Fiesta dishes. I love all the different colors. My all new black appliances also help tie it all together.



Eventually I want to pull up the tile and if the concrete is in good condition I'd like to stain it, if not I might retile it.

Also, these cabinets need some help. I'm not sure what to do with them, but I think they need some color. Any suggestions? Maybe I'll just add some handles or knobs. I just don't know yet.

1 comment:

mbc said...

This looks fantastic, I love it!