Friday, April 4, 2008

Eclipse


Uncle Bob is in a band! His new band Eclipse had their debut performance tonight at Junior's Grill and Icehouse in RR. It was packed! I have never been to Junior's, so I was not sure what to expect. It is a cool little place on Main Street. There is an inside bar and dining area that I walked through on my way to the back patio, so I can't really tell you much about it. Not the Oasis with the patio view, but tucked between two buildings, it was very pleasant. I was told it was a kid friendly place, so me and the boys got dressed up and went out to hear the band. Since it was the debut performance, I think the band members invited every single friend and family member they knew because, as I said, it was packed. There were actually lots of kids there, but I'm thinking that a Saturday or Sunday afternoon or early evening dinner might be better with the kiddos. We only stayed for the first set, because honestly, on Friday night, it's a bar and by 8:30 there were several adults that appeared to have started their weekend around noon. I think Eclipse might play this gig regularly so I plan on going back, minus kids. However, the boys might enjoy having lunch on the patio and I'm curious about the food.

1 comment:

mbc said...

Let me know when you're up there--maybe we'll get a babysitter and join you!!