Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Project

We bought a fixer upper last October and this past weekend I finally tackled one of the many major projects--tiling the kitchen backsplash. I was suppose to get this done over Christmas break, but it was easy to avoid with the holidays and all. I had someone come and give me an estimate and that was crazy. Can you believe $450.00? I thought, no way, I can totally do it myself. I wasn't really totally completely confident, but I refused to pay that much for someone else to do it. I could use that money for one of the projects I can't do myself. I knew what I wanted, I had all the materials (since January) and I was ready to rock. It took most of the weekend, but I wanted to take my time and get it straight and even. My inspiration came from my Fiesta Dishware. Here are a few pictures of the progress.





I almost finished there is just a little bit around the top, around the outlets, and around the window. I am hoping to finish up this week and do the grout next weekend.


Here is the almost finished backsplash:


1 comment:

mbc said...

Wow, I am totally impressed with you, girl. It looks great and I can't wait to see the finished product!